Fall Clothing Drive
Saturday, October 8, 2016
At NEW Locations:
Machesney Park Town Center 8702 N. 2nd St. (south mall lot)
Belvidere Township 8200 Fairgrounds Rd
Rockford Recycle Center 4665 Hydraulic Rd
Roscoe Recycle Center 13125 N. 2nd St
Thanks to Belvidere truck sponsor Debbie Carlson Berkshire Hathaway Stark Real Estate and to Rockford truck sponsor Advanced Waste Services/Covanta Environmental Solutions.
Thanks to site sponsors Belvidere Township and The Village of Machesney Park.
We appreciate the media support of Mid-West Family Broadcasting, 23 WIFR Gray Television, Inc., and The Rock River Times. Thanks also to Great Lakes Coca Cola.
Thanks also to all our volunteers; this event would not happen without you!
Bagged clothing may also be dropped off year-round at
Roscoe and Rockford Recycle Centers.
- Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful has collected more than 3.6 million pounds of clothing since 1999
- Wearable items may be redistributed in the U.S. or worldwide
- Non-wearable items are re-purposed into fiberfill products including carpet padding, polishing cloths
- Nearly 4,000 area households participate in the three Clothing Drives each year.
Donated items should be placed in plastic bags and securely tied.
Shoes should be placed together in same the same bag.
Clean, dry items accepted, wearable or not, include:
- Men’s, Women’s and Children’s Apparel
- Coats, Outerwear
- Shoes (may rubber band or tie pairs together)
- Backpacks, Soft-sided Luggage, Purses, Briefcases
- Bathmats, Throw Rugs
- Stuffed Toys
- Bedding and Pillows (no mattresses)
- Rag Stock and Stained or Torn Items