The October 8 Fall Clothing Drive Met Goal!
Thanks for your help!
Thanks to all 92 volunteers for their part in meeting the goal of raising $1,000 in donations.
Despite fewer sites, 530 recyclers dropped off clothing and soft goods at four locations.
Belvidere Township attracted nearly 40 percent more traffic than at the July drive.
Rockford and Roscoe Recycle Centers served double their average Saturday traffic.
Thanks to the Village of Machesney Park for the use of the parking area near the former J.C.Penney building at Machesney Town Center. That location served 60 percent of the day’s recyclers.
Sites had to be relocated after Schnucks aburptly changed its policy in August, announcing it would no longer host non-profit organization activities at any of its stores.
Thanks to Belvidere truck sponsor:
Debbie Carlson Berkshire Hathaway Stark Real Estate
Thanks to Rockford truck sponsor:
Advanced Waste Services/Covanta Environmental Solutions
Thanks to site sponsors:
The Village of Machesney Park
Mid-West Family Broadcasting
23 WIFR Gray Television, Inc.
Thanks also to Great Lakes Coca Cola.
Thanks also to all our volunteers;
this event would not happen without you!
Bagged clothing may be dropped off year-round at
Roscoe and Rockford Recycle Centers.
- Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful has collected more than 3.6 million pounds of clothing since 1999
- Wearable items will be redistributed in the U.S. or worldwide
- Items no longer suitable for wear are re-purposed into fiberfill products such as carpet padding, polishing cloths
- Nearly 4,000 area households participate in the three Clothing Drives each year.
Donated items should be placed in plastic bags and securely tied.
Shoes should be placed together in same the same bag.
Clean, dry items accepted, wearable or not, include:
- Men’s, Women’s and Children’s Apparel
- Coats, Outerwear
- Shoes (may rubber band or tie pairs together)
- Backpacks, Soft-sided Luggage, Purses, Briefcases
- Bathmats, Throw Rugs
- Stuffed Toys
- Bed linens and Pillows (no mattresses)
- Rag Stock — Stained or Torn Items