Preferred Handling Options for Common Hazardous Products
- Keep out of reach of children & pets
- Use in well-ventilated areas only
- Keep in original containers
- Do not remove original labels
- Thoroughly wash your hands after handling hazardous products.
Hazardous Products include but are not limited to:
- Abrasive Cleaners — may contain ammonia.
- Ammonia – DO NOT mix with bleach, (poisonous gas)
- Antifreeze – Keep away from children and pets, (highly toxic and sweet taste)
- Bleach – DO NOT mix with ammonia or acids (poisonous gas)
- Disinfectant – May contain bleach
- Drain Opener – May contain lye (corrosive)
- Fertilizer – Keep separated from fuel oil, gasoline, etc. (Explosive)
- Furniture Polish – Keep away from heat & flame
- Garden Chemicals – Most contain some type of hazardous chemical
- Insecticides – Avoid inhalation, skin contact Herbicides – Avoid inhalation, skin contact Mothballs – Keep away from children & pets (resemble candy
- Paint – Oil based paints contain toxic and hazardous chemicals
- Windshield Wiper Fluid – May contain methanol (toxic)
Hazardous materials should be taken to the Household Hazardous Waste Site for safe disposal.