Volunteers are the life-blood of Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful.
All of our programs and services require volunteers to get the job done.
KNIB offers flexible volunteer opportunities for all ages (minimum age for some events) and for all kinds of abilities and interests. These take place at many locations, for as much time as you have available.
For example, in addition to assisting for special events, you could volunteer to:
- Educate children about the environment by making presentations to adult groups or at schools (training provided)
- Collect and recycle used metals and electronics at semi-annual drives or at the Recycle Centers
- Pick up litter in your neighborhood as a part of the Great American Cleanup™
- Assist with fund-raising
- Pick up clothing from rummage sales or thrift shops and deliver to a Recycle Center
- Assist in our office with data entry, mailings, newsletters, scrapbooks, copying or filing, etc.
- Serve as a member of a standing committee such as Marketing, or special committee like the Golf Play Day
- Spend 2 hours at either Recycle Center on Saturday morning or Tuesday afternoon (Rockford)
- Collect, peel labels and sort crayons and/or melt and mold into new shapes at Rockford or at home
Confirmation of hours for community service provided on request.
For more information:
Volunteer Coordinator Martha Byrnes
815-637-1343 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See seasonal event registration links on the Home or program page.Update: 12/21/15