Volunteers are the life-blood of Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful. Without volunteers, we wouldn’t be able to provide our many programs and services. During 2010 we were blessed with well over 3,491volunteers who gave a total of 11,516hours of service to make their community a better place to live. KNIB offers volunteer opportunities for men and women of all ages (some programs are minimum age restricted) and for all kinds of abilities and interests.
For instance, you could volunteer to:
- Educate children on the Environment by making presentations in the schools
- Collect and Recycle used metals and electronics at two Recycling Drives
- Clean Up your neighborhoods as a part of the Great American Cleanup
- Assist with a number of fund raising opportunities
- Perform work in our office based on your special talents
- Collect useable clothing to be distributed to 3rd world countries
- Assist in our office with mailings. newsletters, Annual Reports, etc.
- Serve as a member of a committee planning one of our annual projects
- Spend as little as 1.5 hours at the Recycling Center on Saturday morning
Many people lead busy lifestyles and unpredictable schedules make it challenging to commit to any volunteering that requires a large time commitment. That’s why KNIB offers flexible volunteerism that can be accomplished from many locations with as little or as much time as you have available.
To get more information on becoming a volunteer call the Director of Volunteers at (815) 637-1343. Please fill out out our Volunteer Form or call (815) 637-1343 to learn more.